4.08.2011

Four Years from Thirty


Homemade "Happy Birthday" sign by yours truely.
Oh. My. Gosh.
On Sunday I officially turned 26. Last Saturday night I had about 10ish of my favorite girl friends over and we dined on White and Pink Sangria….I made Caprese salad bites and chocolate covered strawberries and had some Pita bread and hummus for everyone. My roommates got me gorgeous fresh flowers, balloons, annnnndddd Skinny Red Velvet Cupcakes!! And then I received two bottles of white wine (my favorite) from two friends. Everyone was so thoughtful and it was a lovely evening. We then met up with a few other friends and danced the night away at the local bars.
So, turning 26 has made me realize several things:
{1}  For one, I have the most amazing friends a girl could ask for. I feel SO incredibly lucky to have so many great people in my life.
{2} I’m happy and proud to be the independent woman that I am. I think I turned out alright and I can give full credit to my parents for making me realize that I have to actually work for what I have. I can also thank them for their support during all of the (good and bad) decisions I have made in my life that have made me become the person that I am today.
{3} I am thankful for where I am at in life. I have a job, the friends, the fam….I pretty much have it all overall. And I am less weight now then what I was in high school. SCORE!
{4} Thank god that social standard for getting married and having kids has changed to those things happening later in life with most people. At my age my mom was married for two years and pregnant with me. No way in hell could I imagine that being the same for me at my age. There’s still way too much I want to accomplish and places I want to see before I’m all settled. When I was younger I thought by the age of 25, I would have already of found that one person..I remember telling myself that. But now I think forever is a really long time to spend with someone so I’ve upped that standard to age 30 now. Which I mean I shouldn’t really have a standard like that in the first place because there’s no way I would ever settle but I’m hoping someone will come around by then.  ;)
So there it is. Reflections on getting older.
April is a crazy month for me and these next two weeks are going to be absolutely insane. I’m moving a couch/loveseat tomorrow morning with a friend and then we are having one last party at our old place before we move next weekend.
Just breathe……

No comments:

Post a Comment