3.01.2011

2011: A year of change

2011 will be my year.

So many changes will be happening.

{1} I have THREE friends getting married this year. I have only been to ONE wedding in my almost 26 years alive and now I’m going to THREE this year, and one of them I am IN!



{2} I am moving out of my current place in April…I will have lived here for 2 years. This is my first place post college. I have attachment issues so it will be hard but it’s what I need.


{3} I really need a new job. I have been in my current position (entry level) for nearly 15 months now and I know it like the back of my hand. It’s time for a new challenge, something new for me to learn. I had 2 interviewed scheduled already this year one of them was cancelled due to a hiring freeze and the other I was in the top 2 and the other candidate was chosen. Such a bummer when you are so close and were told you did a great job but you lacked one thing in experience.


{4} I need to lose my last 15-20lbs. I have lost 26 lbs since July of 2010 but I need to lose that last bit before summer. I KNOW I can do it and I have been doing really good so I’m not worried about not accomplishing that goal.


{5} I need to volunteer more. I was volunteering at least 1-2 times/month from September to December and have not volunteered since. I feel SO good when I volunteer so I really need to get back into it.


{6} I need to continue to travel more. I have been on 3 vacations in less than a year and I love it. It’s such a high for me - to experience a new place, new people, new atmosphere. I really want to go outside of the USA but I have a feeling that won’t be until next year.


{7} I want to find something I am REALLY passionate about. Sure, I have hobbies but I want to find something that I really like to do. I really want to get back in touch with my creative side and start various projects…whether it would be painting on canvas, photography, etc.


{8}  I want to support a cause I am passionate about and then take action. Whether it would be donating, volunteering or doing a 5k for a cause.


{9} I need to reconnect with old friends. I have reconnected with so many friends via Facebook but I would really like to see them in person again and actually meet up. I have reconnected with 2 friends so far this year and it feels really good. It’s amazing how time can fly so fast yet it feels like all of the memories you have shared with them were from yesterday.


{10} I would like to increase love my life activity to 25%. Ha! Currently, I have no ‘love’ life. Although this is at the very bottom of the list. I really need to focus on myself so having someone in the picture is not my top priority. Plus, I find that once someone is in the picture, you let yourself go and I can't be having that. A few dates would be okay with me though. :)

I have been working on some of these goals since last year (minus the first two, obviously). As humans, we are always a work in progress. I really want to build myself to be the best person I can be. I want to become passionate about my job, my friends, my life, my surroundings and others around me. Think of how much further you can go with things in life if you are passionate about them.  I don’t just always want to be content, I want to be striving for more. 



This journal will document these changes that are happening and by documenting them and sharing them, I will be held more accountable for my actions. I hope know that on December 31, 2011 I can say that all of these have been accomplished.


Oh, and P.S. I changed the name of my blog to "Mission: Me"....my mission is to work on ME (obviously). The old one was too much to live up to, I think. :)

1 comment:

  1. Those are some wonderful goals! Cant wait to read about your progress!

    ReplyDelete