3.22.2011

Drinking & Bridesmaid Dress Shopping (not at the same time)

So one of the reasons I started this blog is so that I can take accountability for my actions and be honest with myself and all of you followers.  So here it is…. I broke my “No drinking in March” promise that I made to myself. Ugh. I was doing so well too not giving into any temptations.

Beer and Hockey? Yes please?!
It all started Friday night when I went to a work event. One of our vendors got us a suite at a hockey game with complimentary beer, wine and food. Well I had the food which was not good for me, and a few beers. But I had never been in a suite before and I’m at a hockey game so I felt like I had to and I gave into temptation.
Then Saturday night I ended up going out with some friends and someone in the group wanted to buy us shots so I ended up drinking then too. Well a little more than four shots. Try five beers, two mixed drinks and then the four shots. Ugh. Sunday was horrible because I was so tired/hung over which caused me to miss the gym. And theeeen I had go to try on bridesmaid dresses feeling all bloated and crappy. My dress ended up being two sizes bigger than I would have liked but I’m hoping that by the time they come in mid-May, I’ll be down those two sizes and then I’ll just get alterations. But seriously, that’s probably going to be the motivating factor for me to be focused from now until Mid May.
It had been about a month since I had drank in the first place, so that’s pretty good.
I’m hoping to finish out March strong with no drinking.
The good news is I burned 2578 calories last week and I worked out for two hours lastnight along with FOUR loads of laundry. Phew!!

No comments:

Post a Comment